Party Food: Marcia Cookies

Since we've been talking about parties all week, I thought I'd share what I actually brought to a birthday party last weekend. This cookie recipe is from my aunt, Marcia, and we all fondly refer to them as "Marcia cookies." I added a few of my own touches to this recipe, which I will note at the end. They're super easy to make, and I think they were all gone within thirty minutes of my arrival. Unfortunately, I left my beloved cookie tin at the party. When I asked my friend Eric if he had seen it, he said "what cookie tin? You mean that gross hollow cake we ate?" That was on monday, and I'm still laughing about it.

But, here's the recipe. I hope you enjoy these cookies:

Marcia Cookies:

What you'll need:
1 pkg Duncan Hines white cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 Tbs water
1 (6 oz.) pkg chocolate chips
1/2 cup nuts (chopped)

What to do:

Mix cake mix, oil, water, and eggs; stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

Notes:

-This recipe makes abut three dozen cookies.
- I used Chopped walnuts for this as I don't have a pecan tree in my front yard here like I do in South Carolina.
- I used milk chocolate chips this time instead of semi-sweet. Just because I like milk chocolate more than dark.
- I threw in a few shakes of cinnamon to the batter. I liked the result.
- I also added a little pinch of salt. I dunno. I just thought it was a good idea.

I hope you enjoy the marcia cookies! I copied the original recipe right out of the First Baptist Church of Sumter, SC Bicentennial cookbook. What a classic.

Popular Posts