Spinster Jams: Maren Morris


So, I don't generally like country music. I appreciate that it has a place in the world and expresses some things that other genres don't, but it's just not the first thing I go for. That being said, I have recently heard several interviews with Singer/Songwriter Maren Morris, and so I thought I'd check out her album on the way home for easter weekend. The drive from Atlanta to Sumter is a long one, so I had plenty of time.

Well, for a single lady, I highly recommend this album. Morris sings about love, sure, but she also covers other topics like her love for FM radio, her 80s Mercedes, and a song giving advice to a friend who can't seem to stop going back to a cheater. There are also quite a few songs that are decidedly not quite country.

Now I have to get ready for work, but on the way there, I'll be listening to a little Maren Morris.

Popular Posts