Spinster Shopping: Easter Baskets

Well, Spinsters, I know it's been a while. Life has gotten a little crazy. But today, we need to talk about something fun.

You may have noticed that today's shopping guide is called "Easter Baskets." I know that technically these aren't baskets - they're handbags - but I thought that was a fun name, so bear with me if you can. I just thought straw bags might be a fun way to celebrate the changing season, and I think I found a bunch of cute ones. So let's check them out!

1. Jade Tribe Big Pom Pom Beach Basket: $105, The Webster
          You may notice that the prices on straw bags have gone up. I was pretty surprised how expensive they are now. However, you can really tell the difference between a cheap one and an expensive one. I love the oversized pom poms on this one. They call it a "beach basket," but I think that's probably just this bag's fantasy location. It's too small for that....maybe a cute dinner date instead?

2. Baracoa Clutch: $118, Trina Turk
          Trina Turk has some really cute bags this season. This is such a fun little clutch/pouch with the playful mixture of the transparent vinyl and the more natural straw. Very cute.

3. Muun Basket Bag: $230, Barney's
          This one's pretty pricey, but I have to think that if it's from Barney's it probably won't fall apart on it's first time out. Plus, this one is a little more subdued and appropriate for more occasions.

4. Mystique Key West Pom Pom Straw Basket: $210, Marissa Collections
          I think this bag is a lot of fun. It looks like something you'd find in Mexico. I think it's a great vacation bag.

5. Black Straw Pom Pom Clutch: $38, Amazon
          This bag is simple and much more affordable. I do really like the combination of the pom poms with the tassels, though. And, since it's black, it doesn't necessarily shout "summer!" like the rest of these do.

6. Seafolly Carried Away Pom Pom Beach Basket: $102, Neiman Marcus
          This shape is a little more of what I think of when I think traditional straw handbag. It's a wide mouth tote, but it's got the fun pom pom embellishment I like for this season.

7. Lemon Clutch: $31.99, Amazon
          I'm a sucker for a little clutch that looks like some other object. I can never fit my stuff in them, but I love the idea. This little lemon is such a cute option.

8. Jade Tribe Square Basket Tote: $175, Spring
          I love how this bag has a little insert. The dangly pom pom/tassel combo, too, is really nice. Also: bonus Easter points for being pastel!

9. Banana Straw Bag: $17.99, Amazon
          Our most affordable item on the list. This is just cute and fun and a little kitschy. It also comes in a cherry version. I think of this as more of a teen/college option. But that's just me. You do you.


All right! That's it! I hope to write here more often in the future. I also hope you enjoyed this collection of cute basket bags. Happy Sunday!

Popular Posts