Color Inspiration: Pastels

pastel-colors, pastel-color-palette
Click to Enlarge!

Once upon a time, not too long ago, I was a fashion designer. One of the things fashion designers do is make color palettes. I may not be doing that for fashion anymore, but I sometimes still need to give color palettes to my portrait clients. As such, I find myself perusing paint chip websites and color palette blogs fairly often. Sometimes you just need to get some ideas.

Today I wanted to share a color palette I made up off of my Pinterest "Inspiration/Mood Board" Board as well as sharing a few of my favorite sites for color inspiration. But first, let me link you to the places where I got the above images.

Butterflies | Staircase | Lipstick | Balloons | Prism


It's almost easter, so I feel like it's the perfect time for pastels. But, as always, I figured we might need a few darker colors for grounding, so I added those, too.

Now, let's look at some of the other places you can find excellent color inspiration.

1. Color Collective:
          I thought this site had stopped posting, but they'd just moved! This is one of my very favorite places to look for color.

2. Color Palettes.net:
          This one can get overwhelming, but there's a wealth of ideas there! ...Like, literally, thousands of ideas.

3. Design Seeds:
          You can even search color palettes on this one.

4. In Color Balance:
          As far as I can tell, this one is written in Russian, but thankfully colors need no translation.

5. Pantone:
          You can view their seasonal reports on what colors will be trending for each season. However, the range of colors is fairly broad, so you'll need to know how to put together your own palette once you've seen what they're showing.

Well, enjoy! I hope you look at all the colors today. Happy Thursday!

Popular Posts