Spinster Screening: Joy

jennifer-lawrence-joy, jlaw, jennifer-lawrence-drawing, drawing-of-jennifer-lawrence, jennifer-lawrence-graphic


Because there's a $4.27 theater near me, I have been seeing some movies. Most recently, I saw the newest David O. Russell/Jennifer Lawrence movie, Joy. After I saw it, I think I can safely say that I am a huge fan of David O. Russell. he, of course, makes great casting choices, but whoever does wardrobe for him is an absolute genius. A quick google search has shown me that a man named Michael Wilkinson is the guy.

Now, before I saw this movie, I somehow missed how it was inspired by a real woman. Her name is Joy Mangano, and she did indeed invented the miracle mop.

This movie is such a delight that I don't want to ruin any of it for you. I just think you should go see it. The whole cast is excellent, and the writing is brilliant. So, go see it.

Popular Posts