Spinster Screening: The 5th Wave



Last night I had a spinster date with my friend Sara to see The 5th Wave. Sara has read the books, but I have not. Honestly, Where books-turned-movies are concerned, unless it's been years and years since reading the book, I think not reading it is a total advantage. Of course, I'm not promoting illiteracy. I'm just saying...you know...wait until after the YA movie comes out.

So this movie featured a lot of plaid, plenty of clear teen skin, and Chloe Grace Moretz's perfect, perfect nose. However perfect her nose is and however old she is now (18, according to Google), I wasn't quite ready to see her kissing a guy who is 25...and looks 25. Still, I'll probably see the second movie. You know, I'm a sucker for a series.

All right. This cold weather has me lacking motivation in every way. I even lack the oomph to finish this post and make it into a real review. Go see the movie...or don't. But if you love to see Chloe Grace Moretz's beautiful nose and face beyond the Coach ads, I recommend this as a showcase.

Popular Posts