Baskin Robbins, You Guys

Mom, don't read this post. Stop reading now. It is about your birthday, so please stop reading. Thank you.

Now, let's move on.

Admittedly the image above is not representative of Baskin Robbins, but it is an image from the new coloring book, and it includes cakes, so we're going to go with it.

Growing up, my dad would take us kids to get ice cream after Wednesday night church. Some times it was the Dairy Cream (note, not the Dairy Queen) near our house. Sadly, it is no longer in existence, but happily, it is now a Japanese takeaway place. So it's really a win-win. Baskin Robbins, though, was the answer more often than not. My dad loves ice cream, it must be genetic because I can't get enough.

Growing up, I think I was a rainbow sherbet girl, and I remember at lest once my sister getting an ice cream called gold medal ribbon. My brother? I believe if there was a licensed batman or spiderman flavor, that was what he got. In any case, it was always fun.

So, my mom said he wanted an ice cream cake for her birthday, and yesterday I called the ol' Baskin Robbins in Sumter. Firstly, it is clearly run by teenagers, and they did not have their business together. Secondly, they did not knowhow to put the phone on hold or mute, and I heard all their "this is not my job" conversations while I patiently waited for them to figure themselves out. It's going to take a  long time, kids. I'm at least ten years older than you are, and I'm still not finished, so just please take my order. Thank you.

Now, as strange as the service was, I did finally get my order in, though I will be stopping by to check on it this afternoon. I'm sure they got it all down, but this is a birthday, and you can't be too careful.

This morning I opened my computer to find the Baskin Robbins Cake Gallery still open on my screen. So, I decided to look at all their cakes, not just the birthday ones. They had some pretty cool stuff, so we need to talk about it below.


We'll start off mild and semi-classic. Look at this cake with baby cupcakes on top of it. You can choose any color combo you'd like, I believe, so maybe not blue and yellow? But still...mini cupcakes on top of an ice cream cake. How can you lose?


This next one - The Clown Cone Party Round - is kind of scary, but it's got scoops of ice cream on top. It's already an ice cream cake, but now you've got cones and clowns for that extra little crunch. Scary? Maybe scary good. 


If the clowns are too scary for you, this might be a better (and let's be honest - much cuter) option for you. You'll notice in the photo they've got the rainbow sherbet. And of course you've also noticed the mini ice cream cones. That's adorable. Because it's tiny. 


Ok, but this has got to be one of my favorites. It's a turkey ice cream cake. I cannot. I have no idea why I think this is so funny. It's obviously amazing, but why is it so funny to me? The world may never know. And you know what? I'm ok with that. 


What's that? A whole turkey of ice cream cake is too much for you? Well, fear not. You can always get just a turkey leg. Please tell me you're laughing out loud at your computer, too. 



To bring you down from that fit of laughter, I'll just inform youth Baskin Robbins apparently also does some really nice, really pretty cakes, too. Look at this one. Look at that Chocolate Fantasy. It even has some fancy chocolate art sticking out of that dollop of cream. 

I will say they didn't have the round panda cake I used to get for my birthdays. It was very upsetting. Bring it back, Baskin Robbins. 

All right, now that you have started your morning with some ice cream cake, I think we all know it's time you order one for lunch today. Happy Wednesday!

Popular Posts