Spinster Saturday

I'm so happy to be back together with my full-sized keyboard. Heaven help me if we all make the switch to touch screen keypads at any point. My thumbs (like all spinsters, apparently), are too fat for that business.

Side Note: a guy on the flight back to New York told me that all spinsters were rumored to have big thumbs and bad breath back when the title actually related to spinning as a profession. However, I've just googled this and it is as yet unsubstantiated.  Though, I have to admit his reasoning did make sense.

This morning I had an early and spinsterly brunch at my favorite neighborhood brunch spot, Cafe Bar. They have excellent chocolate lave cake, but since I was already eating alone at 10:45 in the morning, I decided to settle for the (still delicious) huevos rancheros and the divinely fresh squeezed orange juice. I don't know what it is about fresh squeezed orange juice, but i just really love it.

After brunch I stopped by the grocery to get some special milk so there won't be any rooty-toot-toot or rummy-tum-tum in my apartment or cubicle, and I tried to find some peanut butter Chimes Ginger Chews, and of course they weren't there. Why are those so hard to find? To be a proper spinster, I need to have a purse filled with random candies.

On my way home, it started snowing really hard. Like sideways. So, I decided then and there I was going to come back to my apartment, put my bathrobe over my clothes, and not leave again. And that's what I've done. I made some hand painted and glittered thank you notes to send for my christmas gifts, and I watched two episodes of "Toddlers and Tiaras," one episode of "My Strange Addiction," and now I'm sitting in my bed under the covers watching Tyler Perry TV shows. I know, you're jealous.

The last thing I will say is about Twitter. I'm not sure I'm doing it right, but I'm trying. Yesterday I tweeted this photo to The Ellen Show. I think maybe it was a weird thing to do.

I'll leave you with this thought: for once in my life, my feet are actually cold right now. This is a (post Christmas) miracle.



Popular Posts