Spinster Pins: Giftwrap


One of my favorite things about the holiday season is wrapping gifts. So, I made a gif of my wrapping a gift for today's post. BUT today's post is about some cute giftware ideas for those of you who want to take your wrapping game to the next level. Below I'll list some of the ones I liked best!

1. Fat Mum Slim's "20 Beautiful Ways to Wrap With Brown Paper"
          I love wrapping with kraft paper, so this post was absolutely delicious to me. I especially like the ideas with pompoms and the paper bows.

2. Instax Share Gift Tags:

A photo posted by jonezee85 (@jonezee85) on
Ok, so this was my idea, but I think it's great. Especially if you have the printer and not just the camera. That way you can use any photo you like as the gift tag.


3. Stitched Up Giftwrap from A Pair and a Spare
          I love this idea. It's such a fun and different thing to do. I also thin it's probably a great way to send gifts that you'll be shipping instead of hand carrying.

4. Animal Giftwrap from Kikki.K
          This isn't necessarily Christmas-specific, but I think it's so cute for kids or animal lovers. You can make it more christmasy by using christmas colors or making narwhals, reindeer, and polar bears.

5. Black Giftwrap Ideas from Apartment Therapy
          In case you want to do something a little different this year.

6. Homemade Food Gift Packaging Ideas from A Taste of Home
          Good for friends and neighbors...and anyone who likes to eat!

7. DIY Origami Bows from Fun Crafts Kids
          If you find yourself without ribbon - or if you're just tired of using ribbon - this is a really pretty alternative.

If you've already reached expert level at wrapping gifts, you may want to purchase this Gangsta Wrappa tee for yourself. It's about $28, but it tells everyone who's boss.

A few bonus tips:

1. I like to use Satin Acetate ribbon (as in the gif above) to make my bows. It's a little hard to find, but if you search for that on Amazon, you'll come up with a few results. You can also find it sometimes at a florist shop.

2. My mom likes to use satin blanket binding instead of ribbon when she needs an extra wide bow. It's a really nice, pretty touch.

3. My mom also often uses freezer paper instead of white wrapping paper. It's nice and thick and doesn't tear as easily as some white giftwrap.

4. You can purchase wrapping paper at the dollar tree. That's where I got the wrapping paper in the gif above. It's not the nicest or thickest, but my niece is just going to rip it off anyway, so...not super important.

5. You can iron your old tissue paper as long as you don't use steam.

Ok, happy Saturday and happy wrapping!

Popular Posts