#29: Read a Book

Some of the best books out there are written by spinsters. And if you find yourself manless, who's better than Mr. Darcy to occupy your time?

But you don't have to read Jane Austen or Emily Bronte to be a good spinster. You just have to make sure to be spotted now and then with your nose buried in a book. Personally, I think I'm seen this way more often than not.

I like to do the bulk of my reading on my commute, but if you aren't taking public transit to work, I don't suggest you do the same. Other excellent places to be seen reading? Well, I'm glad you asked. Here is a list of my favorites:

1. Eating alone at your favorite spot.
2. At the Laundromat
3. At the Airport and On a Plane
4. Waiting...pretty much anywhere (It is a necessity that your purse is big enough to accomodate your reading material. You never know when you're going to need it.
5. In the Bath (This only applies if you have a peeping tom.)

Also, get a library card. You're not cool unless you're hanging out at the library and checking out the "librarian's picks" section. Bonus points if you are a librarian.

Popular Posts