#22: Hone your skills

As a spinster, you probably spend a lot of time in your apartment, especially when it's cold out. At least I know I do. And what am I doing with all this time in my Spinster Lair? Well, I'm so glad you asked!

In addition to watching all eleven seasons of Frasier, I like to hone my skills. Now I know you're thinking it doesn't take much skill to eat cookies in your bed, and I suppose you're right. But that's not what I'm talking about...this time.

I wish I could tell you I'm honing my cooking skills, making healthy meals to share with my neighbors and coworkers. But alas, I am not. I am honing my Photoshop and Illustrator skills. They help me make that paper, girl.

Not into Creative Suite? There are plenty of other useful and spinsterly skills you could be honing. For example: Baking, speaking in an english accent, wearing large undies, watercolor painting, spreadsheet making, and/or the old classic choice: knitting.

Whatever skill you choose, sharpen it to a fine point. It captures your interest, and it makes you interesting. I'm guessing, though, you're already pretty interesting in the first place. Most spinsters are.

Popular Posts